Monday, November 15, 2010

The Stuff I Love....A Good Discount and Even Better.....A Make Up Manual

Hey everyone (soon I hope there will be an everyone) First I must apologise for lack posting this past week alas I have had so many essays due as well as a take home exam weekend.  However I have survived and live to tell the tale or rather post again.  Fine enough of that.  Anyway I needed a break this morning so I popped of to the local mall, La Lucia for all you Durban dwellers for some R&R and to drop some Gssss (which I don't have). What I did have were R60.00 in Exclusive Books vouchers that I was determined to spend. Anyway since the advent of ebooks and my overflowing bookcase I've been limiting my purchase of novels and thought I'd invest in maybe a cookbook.


However my wandering eye had other ideas and at first settled on the November edition of Glamour UK one of my favorite reads made even better by the fact that it costs under R40.00 which is amazing as other international mags are so expensive. I haven't looked at it yet but Danni Minogue whom I love is on the cover so I'm looking forward to it.  It's such a great mag especially for keeping up with international trends for upcoming seasons as well as great make up and beauty tips.  I especially love that I'm frequently introduced to brands and sites for awesome goodies that we don't get here but that I can source online.  So guys I seriously reccomend checking it out, oh ja and it blows our edition out of the water.  You'll find some of the articles in the UK edition featured two or three months later here so hey you can save some bucks and just buy one.

So after I picked up my copy of glamour I headed to the cookbook section only for my eye to catch onto the photography section.  Which is, mind you, a miracle considering my limited interest and knowledge on the subject.  However this shelf doesn't just include books on the technical aspects of photography but also carrys books on style, design and imagine my surprise and absolute delight make up.  I am a huge fan of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics. I absolutely love everything about them, especially the range of stuff, the quality and most importantly that they actually have products that cater to my skin tone.  Bobbi Brown herself has got numerous years of experience and is the absolute expert in the field of make up artistery. If you could ask anyone for advice on make up she would be the person to tuen to and excitingly she has incorporated her expertise into an amazing book called Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual


This book is a God send to anyone who wants to experiment with their look, who wants to change it up a bit or who just wants to educate themselves on the possibilities simple shading has to offer. It is a guide that include everything from creating a smokey eye, contouring, to make up brushes as well as the types of shades appropriate for ones skin tone.  I didn't even think twice about picking up a copy and combined with my R60.00 voucher I walked out of the store feeling great. Yes I am completely aware that I am a sucker but humour me please. I am holding off on devouring it and experimenting as I have a few more essays to get through but soon I shall be reporting back on the new looks I've tried as well as on The Stuff I Love....So watch this space. 

Au revoir
Seemeen

No comments:

Post a Comment